Choir News (July 2017)
- We start the Autumn Term on Tuesday 12 September
- Your Committee have written a document that summarizes our rehearsal protocol – see separate post – nothing controversial – really it describes what does (or should) happen anyway – but we thought it would be useful to have it in print – especially for new members. This will be posted on the members’ section of the website for reference.
- Wednesday 6 December – Advent Service at Buckfast Abbey
- Saturday 16 December – Concert in Exeter Cathedral – programme previously distributed but attached again.
- Tuesday 19 December – Great Barn – usual music and readings concert.
Andrew has yet to decide the programmes for Buckfast and The Barn but some Cathedral Music plus repertoire intended.
- Andrew is not available on Tuesday 12 December – as this is the last Tuesday before the concert it is intended to switch this rehearsal to Monday 11 December – Ian is enquiring whether the Cathedral is available – if not Exeter School Chapel will be used.
- Rehearsals on the day between 10.00am and 3.00pm planned – details to be sorted later.
MUSIC : Message from Margaret
- I know that some of you like to buy your own copies of music. If you are thinking of buying the Bach Magnificat please make sure that you buy the Barenreiter edition BA5103a which has an appendix containing Christmas music.
- Ladies, please don’t buy the Elgar ‘The Snow’ yet as Andrew has not decided which arrangement he will be using.
- We will be providing all the music included in the programme so it would be helpful for me to know in advance if you are providing some of your own music or if you are not planning to sing with ECC in the Autumn term.
- Saturday 10 March : Buckfast Abbey
- Saturday 17 March : Mount Dinham Church
- A programme of Lenten music to include Macmillan’s ‘Miserere’, Clausson ‘In Pace’ and extracts from Gretchaninov’s ‘Passion Week’.
- Given member reservations about using a Tuesday evening for concerts this schedule experiments with 2 Saturdays.
- No dates to advise as yet – the Summer term will be based on the theme ‘The Colours of Love’.
May 22, 2018
March 20, 2018