ECC Concert Protocol: Updated Jan 2016
ECC Concert Protocol : Jan 2016
- Whenever circumstances require the choir to make a staged entry this should be practised at the venue.
- The Choir will line up in stage order out of view and be directed as to who enters first.
- A Stage Manager will be appointed for this purpose.
- If seating is provided the Choir will sit after the last person has arrived and that cues this action.
- Whilst waiting there should be no talking or further movement.
- Music should be kept closed and only opened when signalled to do so by Andrew.
- Andrew will signal for the Choir to stand, or, depending on the occasion, we stand as he takes the rostrum.
- The Choir should freeze at the end of a piece, or the end of a section, until indicated by Andrew.
- We need to be more disciplined about page turns at critical moments.
- The Choir will acknowledge audience applause in situ and only change page, music, or position, when this has stopped ie. ‘freeze’ at the end of a piece or at the end of a section.
- It might be possible to arrange music availability without keeping it on the floor – organised beforehand new books could be stored on the side in stage order, and passed along the line.
- Water bottles should not be taken on stage unless circumstances allow them to be hidden from audience view. Members needing water should be out of sight when they drink.
END OF CONCERT PROTOCOL
- Once again no music should be sorted whilst applause is continuing.
- Andrew will choreograph order of recognition – band – soloists – choir.
- Choir members may applaud whilst other contributions are recognised.
- Andrew will recognise the Choir by pointing to them – at this stage applause from the Choir should stop, and his bow copied by the Choir ‘bowing’ their heads.
- There is sometimes uncertainty whether Andrew will return to the stage when applause continues – the Choir will be signalled to retire by Andrew or the Stage Manager.
- Depending on the occasion exit order should mirror our entrance.
December 10, 2018
December 10, 2018
November 07, 2018