Newsletter 17th April 2016
Saturday 14 May Exeter Cathedral
Songs of Farewell – Parry
Mass – Frank Martin
- Motets – Stanford
- Singet – Bach
- From the European Sacred Music book
- Abendlied – Rheinberger (p 281)
- Ave Maria – Bruckner (p 64)
- Ave Maris Stella – Grieg (p 140)
- Please bring all of this music to each rehearsal.
The Tuesday rehearsal on 10 May will be held in the Cathedral – normal timings
- On Saturday 14 May a problem has been encountered in that the Royal School of Church Music has a meeting in the Cathedral the same day.
- This means that our rehearsal will have to be held in the morning – from 10.00am.
The Choir will reassemble for the concert at 7.00pm
- The Chapter House will be available as a green room
- Dress – all black and bling for ladies – all black for men – jackets to be brought and a decision made when temperature in the Cathedral is known.
- Interval drinks will be served by the Cathedral
Ian’s budget suggests that we need to sell 200 tickets at £12 to cover our costs so please do your best to promote this concert!
Friday 1 July Newton St Cyres
Tuesday 5 July Bradninch
Because we can’t have a pre-concert rehearsal on a mid-week day the band members have been asked to attend our last Alphington rehearsal on 28 June.
- If you know that you’re not able to do these 2 concerts early notification would be appreciated.
Friday 16 September – Weekend Workshop at Sharpham
Sunday 18 September
The venue has been booked and a deposit paid.
- The final decision will depend on the viability of numbers and balance of voices so please consult your diaries (and your better halves!) because we shall need a show of interest very soon.
- Ian estimates a charge in the region of £155 for two nights’ accommodation and meals from Friday evening to Sunday lunch.
- The final figure will depend on the number of takers and the resulting share of overheads.
- The normal plan is for an informal concert on the Saturday evening and a church service on the Sunday morning.
- Non-residential fees can be arranged with Abby.
Saturday 15 October Sidmouth
Tuesday 18 October tbd – under negotiation with St Marychurch, Torquay
Music programme yet to be decided.
Tuesday 6 December Buckfast Abbey
Saturday 10 December St Stephens
Wednesday 14 December Great Barn
Please note the dates – not the equivalent dates to last Christmas
On behalf of your Committee
November 16, 2017
November 08, 2017
September 19, 2017